The college organizes various extension programmes and community service programmes. Various organizations of the college such as NSS, College Union etc. also organize community service programmes. Departments conduct training programmes for members of the local community.
The college implements its extension activities through departments and other organizations such as NSS, College union etc. The department level activities are coordinated by faculty members and students cooperate in the execution of department level programmes. Staff members act as in-charges of NSS, College union etc. and students act as office bearers. Programmes of such organizations are planned, organized and executed by students with the guidance of faculty members.
The major extension programmes of the college include
- Computer literacy training programme for women by the department of physics
- Mushroom cultivation training programme by the department of botany
- Fish breeding training programme by the department of zoology
- Water quality analysis by the department of Chemistry
- Training to unemployed women of the locality in nursery management
- Water quality analysis
- Plant tissue culture and mushroom cultivation
- Health survey by NSS in Kottayam municipality
- Awareness programme on world AIDS day
- Street play on health issues by NSS
- Inter collegiate seminar on the role of judiciary in social system
- Rally on national blood donation day
- Seven-day camps by NSS