- Ph.D. in Marine Science (2011), Goa University, India. The degree was awarded to the research work in a topic of Marine Geology and Geophysics, done at National institute of oceanography (CSIR lab), Goa, India.
- M.Sc. in Geology (2003), University of Kerala, Kerala, India
- Awarded FLAIR (Fostering Linkages in Academic Innovations and Research) National Internship (2014-15) by Higher Education Council, Government of Kerala.
- Cleared all India graduate trainee examination 2004 conducted by ONGC.
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship in 2003 by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India.
- Qualified National eligibility test for lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India.
- More than Six years experience as an Assistant Professor in the Post Graduate departments of Geology at Government Colleges (Kasargod and Kottayam)
- Handle both the Under Graduate and Post Graduate programmes
- CSIR Junior Research Fellow at National Institute of Oceanography, Goa from January 2004 to July 2006
- CSIR Senior Research Fellow at National Institute of Oceanography, Goa from January 2006 to July 2008
- Actively participated in Government of India projects entitled “Indian Legal Continental Shelf program” and “Exclusive Economic Zone of India”
- Also participated in the projects entitled "Mapping of exploration potential areas of offshore basins of India” and “Evolution and Crustal architecture of Western Continental Margin of India", funded by Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi, India
- Ajay, K.K. and Chaubey, A.K., 2008. Depth anomalies in the Arabian Basin, NW Indian Ocean. Geo-Marine Letters, 28:15-22. (IF: 2.062)
- Ajay, K.K., Chaubey, A.K., Krishna, K.S., Gopala Rao, D and Sar, D., 2010. Seaward dipping reflectors along the SW continental margin of India: evidence for volcanic passive margin. Journal of Earth System Science, 119(6):803-813. (IF: 0.794)
- Gopala Rao, D., Paropkari, A.L., Krishna, K.S., Chaubey, A.K., Ajay, K.K. and Kodagali, V.N., 2010. Bathymetric highs in the mid-slope region of the western continental margin of India – Structure and mode of origin. Marine Geology, 276(1-4): 58-70. (IF: 2.586)
- Chaubey, A.K. and Ajay, K.K., 2008. Structure and tectonics of western continental margin of India: implication for geological hazards. In: Workshop on natural hazards and coastal processes of Indian coast, proceedings volume, NIO Regional Centre, Visakhapatnam, pp 25-33.
- The 7th international conference on Asian marine geology, 2011, National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, India.
- Presented a poster on “Neotectonic activities along the southwestern continental margin of India”
Trainings and Workshops
- FLAIR National Internship at International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT-B) on ‘Course Design’ based on ADDIE Model and MOODLE Learning Management System.
- FLAIR (Fostering Linkages in Academic Innovations and Research) induction training-December 2013, in modern teaching and learning methods
- Orientation programme, September-October 2013, organized by UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Calicut, Kerala.
- Workshop on “Precambrian plate tectonics: Recent advances from southern India and East Antarctica, 3 January 2013, Department of geology, University of Kerala, India.
- Orientation programme for university and college teachers on Student welfare activities, 12 October 2010, conducted by Department of student services, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala.
- National workshop on marine geology and geophysics, October-November 2007, organized by National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, India.
Other Academic Exposures
- Restructuring of B. Sc. Geology (UG) Syllabus of Kannur University (2009)
- Syllabus reconstitution for M. Sc. Geology (PG) programme at Mahatma Gandhi university (2011)
Positions held (College level)
- Co-ordinator of UGC-Remedial coaching programme
- Nodal officer of EDUSAT programmes
- Member of UGC Cell
- Convenor of Music Club
- Onboard R. V. Sonne
- Multi channel seismic reflection surveys
- Seismic refraction surveys using OBS (Ocean Bottom Seismometer)
- Deep water multi-beam bathymetry survey using Simrad EM120 echosounder and onboard data processing
- Monitoring of Parametric Sediment Echosound (Parasound) survey and onboard data processing
- Onboard C. R. V. Sagar Sukthi
- Shallow water multi-beam survey using Simrad EM1002 echosounder.
- Collection of sediment samples using Van-Veen grab and sediment core samples using gravity corer
Other work experiences
- Marine geological and geophysical data acquisition onboard research vessels RV-Sonne and CRV-Sagar Sukthi
- Multi-beam and side-scan sonar data processing in Fugro Survey Middle East, Abu Dhabi, UAE.